1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Hello! My name is Gracie Rae Shelton. I am a student at UNCW and will be a certified residential interior designer this July. I am from Stoneville, North Carolina located in Rockingham County.
2. What made you interested in interior design?
Growing up and helping my mom redecorate the home and going with her to our local interior design studio in Madison, NC. I also had the advantage of decorating my own room how I wanted and was able to change it up whenever I felt I wanted something new.
3. Who are some of your design icons?
French designer Pierre Paulin, who is famous for his uniquely shaped pieces.
4. Describe your design aesthetic.
I enjoy a very French Country look with a splash of Retro Chic.
5. What do you do at Vivid Interiors?
I help with anything around the shop, while learning new things.
6. What do you like best about interning at Vivid?
Being able to work with talented people and learning more about the interior design world.
7. Who are your favorite musicians?
Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Segar and Hank Williams Jr.
8. Favorite drink?
Diet Coke with Lime
9. What is your sign?
10. If you could invite anyone to dinner (living or dead) who would it be?
Johnny Depp or Waylon Jennings.
11. Tell us three words that describe you.
Reliable, Confident, and Thoughtful.
12. What are your plans after graduation?
To work with an interior design studio in Wrightsville Beach, then eventually move to wherever my next destination may be and start my own business.