Today’s Living Vivid comes to you straight out of the January/February edition of Mod Society Magazine (which is a regular feature for us.) Please check out the digital issue if you don’t get the hardcopy. It’s a great magazine chock full of local goodness.
- Number one on our list is this beautiful collar from Mignonne Gavigan. It’s sequins and beads and silk chiffon; it’s structured and glam and would look amazing for a night out on the town. It would look amazing with a t shirt and some jeans!
2. There’s nothing like a warm cozy fire to make these cold long wintry nights a little more bearable, and this beautiful firescreen from Branch Home Designs will add a little more glow. It’s a beauty and worthy of a year-round appearance.
3. We are completely smitten with this paper and brass light fixture from Visual Comfort. So much so, that we purchased a pair of them to put over our work stations. They are a fresh take on a mid century take on a classic Asian piece.
4. Next on our list are a pair of vintage Swiss leather love seats. The lines of these and the patina on the leather are sublime. They are super comfortable, and we have to admit, we might be a little sad to part with these guys.
5. Our friends Nomadic Trading from Durham travel the world to bring home the goods. We are especially loving the depth and rich color of this Moroccan rug. This color is giving us all the feels right now.
6. Branch home really hammers home great design (see what we did there?!) This hammered brass table in antique bronze will make a statement. We love the size and scale of it!
7. Madame Secretary by Charlotte artist Windy O’Connor is a hand painted mix media collage on canvas. We saw this piece at High Point Furniture Market, and fell in love with the colors, the texture and the subject matter. The future is here and the future is female. This piece is sold, but Windy is always working on something beautiful!
8. And last but not least is this beautiful olive ash veneered chest. Made Goods is one of our favorite vendors because they just do everything so well. This wood tone is warm and sophisticated and would be beautiful in myriad spaces.
Live Vivid, Sunday Seven