1. Tell us a little about yourself. (Name, school, program you’re studying,where you’re from.
My name is Kiyah Alexander I am a graduating senior from Washington DC attending North Carolina A&T State University. I am a Business management student with a concentration in Entrepreneurship.
2. What made you interested in interior design?
I discovered my love for interior design when I was in middle school after I came across the HGTV channel.
3. Who are some of your design icons?
My favorite design icons are HGTV stars Joanna Gaines, David Bromstad, and Nicole Curtis.
4. Describe your design aesthetic.
My design aesthetic is more of Urban Modern. I love for a space to be open, warm, inviting, with lots of light, and a lot of different designs and colors. Also, I absolutely LOVE hardwood floors.
5. What do you do at Vivid Interiors?At vivid Interiors I did a lot of recounting inventory, helped create a new naming system, started revamping the inventory recorded in SquareSpace, and have been able to help with many other projects such as assisting in redesign the store’s display space.
6. What do you like best about interning at Vivid?
What I like best about interning at Vivid Interiors is their flexibility and understanding with my class schedule
7. Who are your favorite musicians?
I have a lot of favorite musicians but my top 3 musicians are J Cole, Maxwell, and Logic.
8. Favorite drink?
My favorite drink is WATER!
9. What is your sign?
My Zodiac sign is Leo (summer babies are the best of the best lol).
10. If you could invite anyone to dinner (living or dead) who would it be?
If I could invite someone to dinner I would invite Michelle Obama! I absolutely adore her and she’s one of my role models, I would absolutely love if she could become my mentor.
11. Tell us three words that describe you.
3 words to describe me are straightforward, hardworking, and compassionate.
12. What are your plans after graduation?
I am still trying to figure out what to do with my life after graduation. There are a lot of things I am interested in but I am still trying to discover my passion. I realize that I have essentially become a jack of all trades but a master at nothing. I want to discover more of my passion before I go to graduate school because I want to be sure that I am investing into a degree that will support my career.