1. Tell us a little about yourself. (Name, school, the program you’re studying, where you’re from.)
Hey, Y’all! My name is Abigaile, I’m from Raleigh, and I am a fourth-year student in the Interior Architecture program at UNCG, pursuing a minor in New Media and Design.
2. What made you interested in interior design?
I loved rearranging my room as a kid and finding ways to freshen up my space, but of course tuning into HGTV was like watching the magic happen. I also believe my long-time interest in graphic design facilitated me in finding my calling!
3. Who are some of your design icons?
I have a great appreciation for icon Frank Lloyd Wright and his fascination with assembling basic geometric forms in dynamic and thoughtful ways, however, I also am obsessed with color and pattern, and texture!
4. Describe your design aesthetic.
I enjoy contrast, whether that be colors or patterns or even the geometry of the pieces that make up the space. I appreciate bold choices, but ultimately my philosophy is that your space should reflect yourself and your goals – it’s your sanctuary!
5. What do you do at Vivid Interiors?
I’m an intern!
6. What do you like best about interning at Vivid?
The fresh, upbeat ambiance generates a pleasant atmosphere for collaboration and learning – that’s what I’m here to do! The designers are very welcoming and knowledgeable, and I look forward to the experience I’ll gain here at Vivid!
7. Who are your favorite musicians?
My music taste is all over the place, I’ve been into heavy rock, rap, hairbands, 50’s hits, and recently 1940’s vocal jazz.
8. Favorite drink?
Diet Coke most days.
9. What is your sign?
Capricorn through and through!
10. If you could invite anyone to dinner (living or dead) who would it be?
My late grandmother, we never met so I would love to catch up!
11. Tell us three words that describe you.
I am a listener, I am hardworking, and I consider myself an old soul.
12. What are your plans after graduation?
My goal is to join a firm that coincides with my own design style as much as possible and has a positive work environment!